How to Repair Corrupt OST File in Outlook 2013, 2016, 2010, 2007
How to Recover Corrupt OST File – Complete Step by Step Guide
The present IT infrastructure is an outcome of the advanced email structure. Microsoft Outlook and MS Exchange are the perfect examples of the proper solution of emails where enterprises can animatedly fetch all collaborative services.
When we describe MS Outlook email items then, OST, as well as PST files, are the major concern for the users as these data files save all data items of Microsoft Outlook. However, both file formats prominently vary from each other, both in the structure as well as working. Since its structures vary, directed migration of offline OST file into PST or vice-versa is not at all possible.
This condition becomes the worst in the case when the concerned offline OST file is in a damaged state. Therefore, in this write-up, we will discuss the reasons and way to recover & repair corrupt OST file in Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, 2007.
Reasons for Inaccessibility of Offline Files (OST)
Most of the times, encryption key puts some restriction on the Exchange OST file by simply making them inaccessible on any other system. Therefore, in such situation the profile to which Outlook OST file belongs is removed/deleted somehow, the offline OST file cannot be used by the user, making the OST file orphan.
Other dominant reason that corrupt .ost files and in return it is left inaccessible in MS Outlook due to the synchronization problem. Since Outlook OST file is linked with MS Exchange Server, all-time various changes are made in it. While offline, they are reflected in MS Exchange Server when the connection is restarted. Any break in this synchronization procedure turns the OST data file into the corrupted state.
In addition to this, the other factors like virus intrusion, size-related problems, etc. also play an important role in the inaccessibility of Outlook OST files. This can make you learn Repair Corrupt OST File in Outlook.
Techniques to Repair Corrupt OST File in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010
There are various ways mentioned below that makes easy for the one to recover damaged, inaccessible, or corrupted OST file in outlook.
Method 1: Renew Folder
Users can simply fix & Repair Corrupt OST File in Outlook 2013, 2016, 2010, 2007 by renewing it. Follow the mentioned steps to use the following steps:
Read Also: Documents Control Procedure
- Firstly, right-click on the folder and go to properties.
- After selecting properties, a dialog box will come up. From the box, select an option of Clear Offline Items >> click OK.
- If you using MS Outlook 2010 ribbon then, go to Send/Receive alternative.
- Choose an option of “Update Folder.”
Method 2: Use ScanPST.exe
Microsoft makes sure that users do not have to worry looking out for methods to deal with slight situations. Therefore, it provides inbuilt utilities or integrated options to recover corrupted Outlook OST file.
Similar is the situation with data files of MS Outlook. A reliability check, as well as a repair tool, is given for both; PST and OST files. However, the application was stopped being given for Offline OST files post Outlook 2007. Therefore, diminished the mere likelihood of repairing Outlook OST profiles in case of corruption or even orphan state. Repair Corrupt OST File in Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, 2007
Workaround: As suggested by numerous popular forums as well as experts of a particular domain, ScanPST.exe tool can be utilized as an alternate solution. It makes easy to find the issue and repair the data file also.
ScanPST.exe utility works as an alternate solution only in some cases. It is not an officially recommended solution for repairing Outlook OST files owing to the technical reasons.
Method 3: Expert Solution
There is a software namely OST Recovery Software that makes easy to recover and repair inaccessible OST file (Repair Corrupt OST File in Outlook). The application is a simple, easy, and trouble-free way to recover damaged Outlook OST file. The software does not require any external application to execute the recovery process even no Exchange and Outlook connectivity is required. The application is supportive towards the restoration of contents from an encrypted and password protected offline data file without any limitations. The program is built to support OST files generated by Outlook of any given version without the requirement of the server environment. Moreover, the tool to repair corrupt OST file gives an option to save the data into PST format after recovering.
Now, the question arises how to import PST file in Outlook? Then, do not worry and read on to know the way.
Import PST into Outlook 2007, 2013, 2010, 2016
- Start your Outlook.
- Click on the 'File' tab, select an option of Open & Export and choose Import/Export.
- Choose an option to Import from another program or file and click Next.
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst) as type of data file to import >> click Next to proceed with the steps to repair corrupt OST file.
- Select the Browse button to choose .pst file to import in Outlook.
Once the PST file has been chosen, select an option for management of data duplicates at time of import procedure. If uncertain then, it is recommended to choose to Replace duplicates with imported items and hit on Next.
Also Read... Best Android File Manager Apps 2018
- Now, choose data items to import and select the designation for importing it. To import the whole backup file, the select root folder of backup (Outlook Data File) and check Include subfolders.
- Otherwise, you may choose preferred data of the backup file to import it into the mailbox by selecting that folder distinctly.
- Choose an option of Import items into the same folder in and choose the desired destination of the mailbox.
- After that, choose Finish button to start an import process and accomplish the procedure to repair corrupt OST file.
- Select File from the toolbar and click on the Open.
- Now, select an Import option.
- Select an option Import from another program or file and simply click Next.
- Choose the file type from which you require to import the data >> click Next.
- Browse the Outlook PST file that is needed to be imported in Outlook and click on the Next.
- Once it is completed then, press on the Finish option.
Repair Corrupt OST File in Outlook 2007, 2013, 2010, 2016
Outlook 2003 & 2007
- Choose the File option, select the Import and Export option.
- To proceed with the method to recover corrupted OST file, select an option of Import from another program or file and click Next.
- Select the file from drop down menu >> click on Next.
- Browse the location of CSV file. With this, choose on Do not import duplicate items >> click Next.
- Select the folder on which you require to import the new file and click on Next
- Once it is completed, click on the Finish option.
Although OST, as well as PST files, belong from the same parent email client, they significantly vary from each other because of numerous problems OST files become inaccessible. Therefore, in the above-discussion various methods are described, which makes easy for users to repair corrupt OST file in Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016.